Mining Truck Personal Simulator
Now even better! The simulation software puts you at the controls of a modern heavy hauler at work in a typical mine site, in interaction with a simulated Electric Rope Shovel. Version 2.0 brings significant improvements to provide even more operator training help, including new 3D modeling of the haul truck and dashboard, new simulated physics with several levels of wet/slippery driving conditions, new graphics — now with many levels of “fog”, and a new Simulation Module just to practice driving in reverse. There are also new Performance Indicators associated with tire management and poor operating practices.
You can either use your own PC or choose the convenience of our PC bundle with the Simlog software already installed, licensed, and ready to go in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese. There are even keyboard function keys and mouse controls to change the point of view during the simulation.
Replica Controls for Mining Truck Personal Simulator
Simlog’s Replica Controls for the Mining Truck Personal Simulator feature industrial strength components suitable for both tabletop mounting and Simlog’s Operator Chair. They begin with a commercial USB steering wheel, the Logitech “G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel” steering wheel and a three-pedal unit, along with the “G920 Driving Force shifter” with push-buttons.
Instead of configuring the middle pedal to be used as a Retarder Pedal, you can also set up a Retarder Lever using a special industrial USB joystick and matching table-top mounting bracket.
Here are two possible arrangements, one with a single display in front that is wall-mounted and one with three displays arranged side-by-side on a table.
Custom Travel Cases for Replica Controls
For all setups, Simlog’s Custom Travel Case makes transportation easy.
- Made-to-measure, with dedicated slots for levers, joysticks, pedals, steering wheel, and tabletop mounting brackets
- Space for a laptop PC, cables, and documentation
- Pull-out handle, with multiple positions
- Wheels (casters)
- Cases are “stackable,” for easy transport
- Overall dimensions: 30″ (76cm) x 24″ (61cm) x 19″ (50cm)
- Approximate weight: 50 lbs. (23 kg) when empty, up to 100 lbs. (46 kg) when full (depending upon the Replica Controls)
Operator Chair for Mining Truck Personal Simulator
Simlog’s Operator Chair with industrial controls is a cost-effective way to train mining truck operators, with our Mining Truck simulator software in a safe and realistic environment. Compared to our Replica Controls, Simlog’s Operator Chair offers a superior simulation experience, thanks to an authentic operator seat with consoles for the left and right hands, and a steering column. All are mounted on an industrial platform with casters, for easy portability.
The left and right consoles include a Hoist Control Lever and a Transmission Lever, to simulate an authentic driving experience, with the Retarder Lever mounted to the industrial steering wheel. The steering column is adjustable, and easily pivots and telescopes to numerous angles. The Operator Chair also includes integrated pedals featuring secondary and service brakes and throttle functions. If desired, you can configure the middle pedal to be used as a retarder pedal, by selecting the appropriate option in the simulation software.
If you already have a Simlog Operator Chair to use with some other Personal Simulator, then you may be able to re-configure that Operator Chair by purchasing additional elements. To learn more, please contact Simlog.
- Authentic industrial operator seat, with headrest, air suspension, and seat-belt
- Adjustable seat position (forward/backwards, three vertical positions)
- Adjustable armrests (in height and angle)
- Integrated left console for the Hoist Control Lever and viewpoint changing switches
- Integrated right console for the Transmission Lever and parking brake
- Full steering column with pivot and telescope capabilities
- Fully functional industrial style pedals
- Five possible pedal positions, to create the typical placements found in real operator cabins
- Steel platform with heavy-duty casters for easy portability
Here are two possible arrangements, one with a single display in front and one with three displays in front arranged side-by-side.
- Overall Dimensions: L 60” (152.4 cm) x W 34” (86.4 cm) x H 47” (119.4 cm)
- Weight: 385 lbs. (175 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 67″ (170.2 cm) x 43″ (109.2 cm) x 44″ (118.8 cm) – one unit per skid, not stackable.
- Shipping Weight: approximately 550 lbs. (250 kg)
To learn more and obtain pricing information, please contact Simlog.
Vibration increases the realism of our Personal Simulators by adding physical (tactile) feedback to the audio and visual, making the experience more “immersive” at little additional cost, especially when compared to a motion platform.
The vibration that you feel is generated from the simulation software’s audio system as things happen. Engine idling, collisions with obstacles, digging virtual terrain, etc. can all be seen, heard and experienced! Adding vibration improves the realism of the simulation and makes the simulator-based training more compelling, encouraging trainees to be more serious and learn more carefully.
For our Operator Chairs, Simlog offers a vibration system that includes the “ButtKicker Simulation Kit” plus special mounting for the operator seat. The “ButtKicker” is a low-frequency sound transducer equipped with its own amplifier and “volume” controller to change the “force” of the vibration created by the simulation software sounds.
Mining Truck Personal Simulator Software Description
- Controls Familiarization
- Corridor Driving 1 and 2, with wider or narrower corridors
- Corridor Driving 3, to practice driving backwards
- Mine Site Driving 1 and 2, with shorter or longer driving distances
- Loading, in interaction with a simulated Electric Rope Shovel
- Complete Haul Cycle 1, 2 with shorter or longer driving distances
Key Performance Indicators
Thirty-six (36) key Performance indicators carefully measure the productivity and quality of the student’s work, as they progress their way through the Simulation Modules. The Simulation Results measured include “Execution time,” “maximum driving speed,” and the occurrence of termination faults such as improper gear changing and “hoist control.” The feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score.
Simulation results are automatically saved, along with the occurrence of any “Procedure Error” or “Fatal Error,” so trainees can progress at their own pace without trainer supervision. To simplify the record keeping, Simlog offers a database product called Simulation Manager, and the same database can be used with all of our Personal Simulators.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
Real affordability, that’s how Simlog sets the standard in cost-effective simulation. The fact is, training with our Personal Simulator is a fraction of the cost of training with a real mining truck, especially considering that even small accidents due to operator inexperience can mean thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime. And the purchase of the simulation software license is a one time fee, to keep the total cost of ownership as low as possible, with no restrictions on the number of people that you can train.
Quick Return on Investment
The software license, a one time fee, will pay for itself when you train just a handful of new operators. How? Consider the rising costs of putting a real mining truck to work with a qualified instructor, the damage and downtime that inexperience can cause, and finally the risk of possible injury. That’s why it just makes sense to prepare new operators with Simlog help.