Harvester Personal Simulator
Simlog’s Harvester Personal Simulator puts you at the controls of a tracked carrier equipped with an articulated boom and free-swinging “dangle-type” harvester head. Training efficiency is delivered through a modular Instructional Design that teaches real skills for productive and safe equipment operations in the field. You can change the viewpoint during the simulation at the touch of a button.
You can either use your own PC or choose the convenience of our PC bundle with the Simlog software already installed, licensed, and ready to go in English or simulation software (in English or French).
Replica Controls for Harvester Personal Simulator
These Replica Controls from Simlog feature industrial strength components. There are a total of 8 push-buttons for the thumb, plus a trigger (not shown). The USB electronics are built right into the base.
The controls are multi-purpose, so they can be used with Simlog’s Hydraulic Excavator, Bulldozer, Wheel Loader, Mobile Crane, Tower Crane, Forklift, Harvester, Forwarder, and Drill Jumbo Personal Simulators. This means that if you are a Simlog customer, you may be able to re-use the Replica Controls that you already have.
Custom Travel Cases for Replica Controls
For all setups, Simlog’s Custom Travel Case makes transportation easy.
- Made-to-measure, with dedicated slots for levers, joysticks, pedals, steering wheel, and tabletop mounting brackets
- Space for a laptop PC, cables, and documentation
- Pull-out handle, with multiple positions
- Wheels (casters)
- Cases are “stackable,” for easy transport
- Overall dimensions: 30″ (76cm) x 24″ (61cm) x 19″ (50cm)
- Approximate weight: 50 lbs. (23 kg) when empty, up to 100 lbs. (46 kg) when full (depending upon the Replica Controls)
Operator Chair for Harvester Personal Simulator
Simlog’s Operator Chair with industrial controls is a cost-effective way to train harvester operators with our harvester simulation software in a safe and realistic environment.
Compared to Replica Controls with Tabletop Mounting Brackets, Simlog’s Operator Chair offers a superior simulation experience, thanks to an authentic operator seat with consoles for the left and right hands, mounted on an industrial platform with casters, for easy portability.
The Operator Chair is configured with Simlog’s Multi-Function Replica Controls consisting of USB-ready industrial joysticks that provide easy connectivity. The joysticks feature 8 push-buttons, plus a trigger, and are designed for use with many Simlog simulators. But if you already have a Simlog Operator Chair that you are using with some other Personal Simulator, then you may be able to re-configure that Operator Chair by purchasing additional elements.
- Authentic industrial operator seat, with headrest, air suspension, and seat-belt
- Adjustable seat position (forwards/backwards, three vertical positions)
- Adjustable armrests (in height and angle)
- Integrated consoles for left and right joysticks
- USB-ready Multi-Purpose Replica Controls
- Steel platform, with heavy-duty casters for easy portability
- Overall Dimensions: L 60” (152.4 cm) x W 30” (76.2 cm) x H 47” (119.4 cm)
- Weight: 330 lbs. (150 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 67″ (170.2 cm) x 43″ (109.2 cm) x 44″ (118.8 cm)
- Shipping Weight: approximately 550 lbs. (250 kg) One unit per skid, not stackable
Harvester Personal Simulator
There are eight “Simulation Modules” of increasing difficulty, starting with controls familiarization. Later Simulation Modules feature directional felling, processing stems at the roadside, and finally selective thinning.
- Harvester Head Functions
- Controlling the Movement of the Harvester Head
- Simple Felling
- Simple Felling with Cutting-To-Length
- Simple Felling and Decking
- Multiple Felling and Decking
- Harvester as Processor
- Selective Harvesting with Carrier Motion
Key Performance Indicators
Key Performance Indicators measure how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed, including execution time, stump height, felling accuracy, and decking accuracy. In this way, the feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score.
Module 1: Harvester Head Functions
The objective of Module 1 is to learn to control the functions of the harvester head by mastering the push-button “grips” mounted on the operator joysticks.
Module 4: Simple Felling with Cutting-To-Length
The objective of Module 4 is to learn the basics of the felling and processing trees, to create logs of the specified length, while minimizing stump height.
Module 8: Selective Harvesting with Carrier Motion
The objective of Module 8 is to learn the basics of driving tracked carriers and selective harvesting.